What is it like to land a job in one of the world’s leading cloud platforms right after completing a master’s programme? Today we have invited two of our top MiBA students, who are working at Amazon Web Services (AWS), to talk about their post-programme experience and about the differences between academia and the real world.
The experience of a first professional job after completing a master’s programme is always unforgettable, among other things, because of the change in lifestyle and values this professional experience implies. In this webcast episode, Francisco Morillo, solutions architect at AWS, and Javier Poveda-Panter, data science consultant at AWS, share with us their journey from the classroom to one of the most innovative companies in the world.
In this episode:
- 01:20 | Why did you choose Esade? What was your background? What were your dreams?
- 05:20 | You both work in tech jobs at AWS with a business school background. Was it difficult? How did you get there?
- 9:15 | What was the most difficult obstacle you faced?
- 11:38 | What is your work at AWS about? Did you fulfil your dreams?
- 14:41 | Is AWS as you imagined and as we describe it at Esade? Or is reality very different from our imagination?
- 17:32 | You are working in one of the most innovative companies in the world. Is it difficult to keep up with a constant avalanche of new developments and new features?
- 20:55 | Now that we have you here, maybe you can tell us some of AWS’s secret plans. Is AWS planning world domination?
- 29:58 | With your perspective of a few years of work in data science, what would be your advice for our MiBA programme and other business programmes such as the MBA or other master’s degrees? Should we put more emphasis on coding? On algorithmic thinking? Or perhaps on the business implications?
- 35:33 | What advice would you give to our MiBA students who are eager to succeed in an increasingly competitive world?
Join the Do Better community
Register for free and enjoy our recommendations and personalised content.